Renting a house is a step that you can not just take. That is why it is wise to make a clear list of living requirements beforehand. This way you have a better picture of the requirements you set for your new home. Also, such a checklist often makes it much easier to search for the right property, precisely because you clearly have your specific wishes.
Topics that are useful for checking on the basis of a checklist are, for example, budget requirements, preferences with regard to environment, type of house (type of construction, year of construction), surface area, plot, balcony / terrace and location. Would you like to live in a quiet and green neighborhood, for example, or would you prefer to find the bustle of the city? Do you want an apartment or are you looking for a detached house? Do you prefer a new building or just a home in the thirties? About how many rooms should the rented accommodation have and how big should the rooms be?
Access the Internet
Enough questions. To ensure that you are not faced with surprises, it is useful to draw up a good checklist. For example, take into account the following points:
- What is your maximum rental price (inclusive and exclusive)?
- What is the minimum area that a home must have?
- How many (sleeping) rooms must have a home?
- Do you want a garden or a balcony?
- Do you like the neighborhood and the surroundings of a house and do you think you can live here comfortably?
- Which facilities in the neighborhood are important to you?
- What is the maximum distance you want to travel between you and your work, family and friends?
- Is the house easily accessible by public transport?
- Is there parking space for the car?
- Can you meet the financial requirements set by the landlord?
- Can you finance the move to the house?
- Do you bring pets or do you want pets to be allowed?